Your donations help your community and the planet! The funds raised from selling quality clothing, furniture and household items that you kindly donate go directly to helping patients and their families. You are also helping the environment by ensuring that quality goods continue to be used and stay out of landfills.
Turn Second Hand Goods Into First Class Care
Donating Goods to Hospice Op Shops
- You can drop your donated goods into any of our six Hospice Shops 9:00am – 4:00pm, as well as our Distribution Centre at 206 Swanson Road, Henderson.
- We can only accept items that are in good, clean, saleable condition. Ask yourself: would I give this item to someone I know? Please understand that there is a cost to us to dispose of items that are not in saleable condition.
- We love to sell clothing, linen, accessories, books, house and office furniture, bric a brac, homewares, jewellery, antiques and collectables. If you have unique or specialist items, please feel free to talk to us about whether they are something we could sell.
- Donating goods is even better than recycling for our environment and the West Auckland community.
- Please do not leave or dump any donated goods outside our stores after hours. It is very expensive for us to remove these dumped goods, which results in less funds raised for Hospice.
Free Pick Up
If you are upgrading your furniture or cleaning out your home, office or warehouse, we can provide free pick up for large furniture items, estate lots or bulk goods, including furniture, homewares, or end of line stock. Please call us on 0508 4 HOSPICE / 0508 446 7742 and we can arrange collection from you for free with prior arrangement.
Items We Cannot Sell
Unfortunately we are unable to accept these items:
- Broken, damaged or soiled goods
- Computer monitors or printers
- Items with rust or mould
- Gas bottles
- Second-hand paint, chemicals or any flammable liquids
- Underwear bottoms or used socks
- Children’s car seats (boosters are accepted)
- TVs (except flat screen)
- Fax machines or answering phones
- Baby walkers
- Food items
- Hot water bottles
- Ripped or stained mattresses; all beds and bases must be under 10 years’ old
- Bed frames
- Encyclopaedias, Readers Digest or magazines older than 1 year
- Drugs, medications or needles