Leave a gift in your will to Hospice
Making a provision in your will to donate to charity (also known as a bequest) is a special way to make a lasting impact on causes and organisations that are important to you.
Why should you consider leaving a gift in your will to Hospice West Auckland?
- It’s an opportunity to continue making a difference through your legacy, leaving a lasting impact on your community through the work that Hospice does. Whether it’s because we have helped your loved ones in the past, or because you support our belief that everyone should have access to free specialist palliative care, leaving a gift in your will provides Hospice with vital ongoing support.
- Many people wish to contribute to charities close to their hearts but don’t always have the financial means to make significant donations. By including a charitable bequest in your will, you can make a financial contribution to Hospice that might not have been feasible during your lifetime.
- Bequests can set a beautiful example to your loved ones and inspire a tradition of philanthropy within your family. It shows that giving back to your community is important and instils the value of supporting charity in future generations.
- Knowing that your estate will support a cause you care about can give you a wonderful sense of fulfilment and satisfaction; you are leaving the world a better place and contributing to the greater good.
As a Registered Charitable Trust, Hospice West Auckland relies on the support and generosity of our community through donations such as bequests. They are used to support the delivery, innovation and growth of Hospice services so that patients and their whānau have access to optimum care that best supports their quality of life.
How to make a bequest
To leave a bequest/gift in your will to Hospice you will need to consult with your solicitor to amend your will. This can be a simple modification by adding a codicil, where you specify:
- A specific sum; or
- A percentage of your estate; or
- The residue of your estate; or
- Specific property or belongings
If you would like to learn more about leaving a gift in your will to Hospice West Auckland, please contact us on (09) 834 9752 or email email@example.com.